Home automation manufacturer Control4 has always been about combining affordability, convenience and performance. They’ve rolled out the latest version of their Home Controller to further speak to those points.
The new Control4 Home Controller HC-500 gives you an HD on-screen output for better visual navigation, a 160-GB media server to stuff plenty of files for multiroom audio and video distribution, and enough inputs and outputs for your home theater controlling needs.
It’s expected to be available in February for $1,495.
Here are some more highlights:
- Memory, storage, and processing power to maximize the performance of Control4 whole-home automation systems with large home theaters
- A new industrial design with an anodized black aluminum chassis and a glossy black faceplate circled with warm metallic nickel accents
- Extensive I/O, including four serial ports (DB9) for increased flexibility in device control
- Audio Encoding and Decoding for full support of both Analog and Digital audio libraries
- Expansion capabilities via two USB ports and one Ethernet jack
- Backwards compatibility with all Control4 products
The Control4 solution also offers communication and expansion possibilities with its mesh-network platform, so if you’re a wireless buff or aren’t buying a new-construction home and are looking into home control the company is trying to make it easier on you.