Many people know the main benefits of smart home technology – it improves energy efficiency, provides home security, etc. – but what many don’t know is how it can help turn you into a better host and ease your holiday preparations at home. Here are a few ways simple smart home devices can save you time and create a less stressful holiday this year:
- Comfy quarters: Install a connected space heater in those hard-to-heat areas of your home, warming up the garage apartment or mother-in-law suite to provide comfy quarters for your guests. You can control the device from your smartphone, worry-free.
- Safe & well lit path: By lining your pathway with LED lights, you can ensure that carolers and other guests make it safely from the street to your front porch…without spraining an ankle or trampling the garden.
- Accomplice in the kitchen: Cooking for the holidays this year? With a connected smart switch, you’ll be able to start and stop any kitchen appliance from your phone and even set a timer so your dishes turn out just right.
o Solution: Iris Wi-Fi Smart Switch
- Snow in the forecast?: Call out to a personal voice assistant to learn the forecast tomorrow, the score of the big game or activate any of your other smart home devices.
- Guest room perfection: Create the perfect stay by setting a scene to turn the guest bedroom lights on in the evening and using motion sensors to activate lights in the hall.
- Away for the holidays: If you’re traveling instead of hosting this year, there’s no need to fear leaving your home behind – with a smart home security system, you can keep tabs on your home and get notified if there’s an intrusion or burglary.