A new video doorbell from Remocam will ensure that you’ll be able to clearly see what’s happening at the front door, thanks to its use of an HD camera and Wi-Fi technology. The integrated surveillance camera is particularly unique: It featuresan optical lens with a wide-angle lens instead of the commonly used fish-eye lens to display a crisper and more defined view of the front door. Wi-Fi enables you to access and answer the door by using a smartphone. The RemoBell, which will sell for $199 later this summer, only turns on when a visitor rings the bell or when motion is detected to maximize efficiency and extend battery life.
“The RemoBell is simple to set up and use, affordable, and perfectly blends in with your home,” says Paul Lee, Remocam co-founder. “Our app provides real-time access to your front door, with two-way communication that allows you to see and speak to your visitors using your smart phone. The product is a nice complement to our Remocam security camera, which provides HD live-streaming monitoring inside the home.”
- Compatible with Android and iOS devices and features intuitive app
- Enjoy clear video feed with 720p HD video streaming
- Bank-level eprotects personal data.
- Advanced motion sensor detects body heat and alerts users when there is motion at the door
- See and answer calls day or night using the Infrared Night Vision
- Push notifications for rings and motion only when users want them
- Two-way audio lets homeowners speak and listen to visitors through the app
- Store videos to the cloud and access them from the app for $2.99 a month or $29 annually
- Utilize the Activity Log to watch recorded videos from answered rings, missed rings, motion, and answered rings
- Equipped with six easily replaceable batteries