Apparently, our friends overseas also love the idea of having a smart home. A company named Egardia has just launched its home monitoring security products and services in Germany, France, Austria and Belgium.
Perhaps that company name translates better overseas. However, what Egardia offers is enticing in any language. Designed for both homes and small businesses, Egardia allows customers to remotely monitor and secure properties from the web and/or a web-enabled smartphone.
Besides the monitoring, this DIY solution can also deliver text messages, email and phone calls, in case of burglary, flooding or fire. Once something goes down, a customer can access live camera images right through that web interface.
A basic alarm package is priced at EUR249 (about $353 U.S.), and can be upgraded with extra sensors, smoke detectors, wireless night vision IP cameras, and even panic buttons. There’s also an additional service fee of about EUR9.95 ($14).
According to a recent Egardia survey, the company’s services have decreased customer burglary rates by 81 percent. It sounds like a good system, but we have to wonder about the other 19 percent!