The holidays are hectic – dinners to plan, guests to entertain, shopping to do, lights to hang – but your home doesn’t have feel out of control. Samsung Electronics America, Inc. has set out to show consumers how they can easily make their home run more efficiently this season with a few simple and smart solutions from the Samsung SmartThings ecosystem.
To show how easy it is, Samsung is working with the residents of South 13th Street in Philadelphia to help make their spectacular light display even brighter this season. Residents are using Samsung SmartThings Outlets to automate holiday indoor decor, SmartThings partner GE Z-Wave Plug-In Outdoor Smart Switches to manage outdoor lights and the Samsung SmartThings Hub to manage home settings from afar when traveling. The free SmartThings app is available on Android and iOS, and there is no monthly fee or subscription for the Samsung SmartThings devices.
“We know for many people, setting up their smart home can seem like a huge undertaking,” says Bill Lee, vice president of Smart Home Product Marketing at Samsung Electronics America, Inc. “The residents of Miracle on South 13th Street in Philadelphia show that you can start small by easily integrating smart technology into existing set-ups, and then grow as your needs evolve. As lights go up and guests arrive, the holidays are a great time to start small and implement a few smart solutions to more simply manage the home and get more control over your daily routine.”
Want your shades lowered? Do it in seconds from a smartphone. Not sure if you locked the door when you left the house or left the garage door open? Again, it’s as easy as pressing a button on your smartphone.
Our FREE comprehensive Smart Home Planning Guide helps you plan what features best suit your needs.Get Your FREE Planning Guide Today!
For more than a dozen years, the residents of Miracle on South 13th Street have outfitted their homes in spirited holiday décor that attracts tourists nationwide. This year, the homes will go even further with Samsung SmartThings – making holiday lights and décor easier to manage and more energy efficient.
The Samsung SmartThings ecosystem enables consumers to simply automate their daily routines. From multipurpose sensors that help manage home heating when temperatures drop, to smart outlets that turn conventional electronics into connected devices, the Hub becomes the brain connecting products to control home more conveniently from any Android or iOS mobile device. Here are some things you can accomplish more efficiently with the Hub:
- Use the Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor to see if the door to the closet hiding holiday gifts has been opened by children whose curiosity has gotten the best of them.
- Connect the Samsung SmartThings Arrival Sensor with a “Works with SmartThings” partner GE Z-Wave Plug-In Outdoor Smart Switch to power on outdoor holiday lights as soon you pull into the driveway.
- Use the entire Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit and Water Sensor to keep tabs on your home while you’re traveling during the holiday so there are no leaky pipe surprises when you get back.
- Help your holiday guests navigate your home by placing a Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor in the hallway, triggering smart lights to illuminate the way to the bathroom when they wake late at night.
- Remotely turn off devices you accidently have left on when you’re out holiday shopping.