The world of thermostats is getting flat, hot and crowded, to quote Thomas Friedman’s well-known green book.
Dare we say, some thermostats are even (gulp) sexy. There’s the Nest Learning Themostat that takes the one-button iPod as a design cue. Venstar has cool-looking ColorTouch series touchscreen programmable thermostats and now offers new thin, wall-mounted FlatStat series residential thermostats that feature an easy-to-read, continuous backlit display and up to seven-day programmability. Now available throughout the United States and Canada, Venstar’s FlatStat series comes in two models: T1000FS and T1100FS.
We wouldn’t call these FlatStat thermostats sexy, exactly. But with design like this, saving energy is becoming sweeter all the time.
“Venstar’s new FlatStat thermostats provide fully featured thermostat functionality in a modern, thin design, ideal for homeowners who are seeking an unobtrusive yet useful thermostat,” said Steve Dushane, president and CEO of Venstar.
Both models include:
– One for All two-stage heat, two-stage cool for use with gas/electric, heat pump, electric and hydronic heat systems.
– Auto-Changeover feature that automatically switches between heating and cooling, as needed.
– Thermostat Locking feature that allows set points to be adjusted only by authorized individuals (when this feature is turned on).
– Stored programming and set points (in non-volatile memory), ensuring that this information is never lost in the case of a power failure.
– LED indicator that glows green or red to indicate cooling or heating.
– Mounting bracket for easy drywall installation.
The T1100FS also features seven-day programmability and is compatible with the optional wired or wireless outdoor air temperature sensor: ACC0414RF/REC for wireless outdoor sensing and ACC0400 for wired outdoor air sensing. The T1000FS features one-day programmability.
Both models are compatible with an optional security cover. Estimated street prices start at $75.60.