Eleven years and Electronic House is still going strong with its annual Home of the Year contest—an awards program intended to showcase some of the smartest homes on the planet. There was no shortage of amazing entries submitted by home systems integrators to the 2016 Home of the Year judging panel, making it more difficult than ever to select Gold, Silver, and Bronze recipients in nine different categories. After thorough discussion and debate, winners were ultimately chosen—based on the high level of innovation, creativity, and customization demonstrated in the design and installation of smart systems into stunningly beautiful and brainy homes.
In this special issue of Electronic House, we pay special tribute to the Gold winners of the following categories:
Before & After
- Home Theater, $150,000+
- Home Theater, $75,000-$150,000
- Home Theater, $25,000-$75,000
- Multipurpose Entertainment Room
- Outdoor Entertainment Area
- Unique Space
- Smart Home, less than $150,000
- Smart Home, more than $150,000
- Inside, you’ll see a wide variety of homes—all sizes, price ranges, styles, and ages. There are beachfront vacation properties where the ability to monitor and control systems remotely was a must for their owners, as well as residences whose electronics cater to the busy lifestyles of active families. You’ll also read about an outdoor entertainment system that rises up from the ground and barn from the 1800s that was transformed into a high-tech living space for owners eager to live off the grid.
Based on the range of homes feature in our Gold Home of the Year issue, it’s no wonder more people than ever are choosing to smarten up their homes by adding intelligent thermostats, dimmable lighting, Internet-connected security cameras, integrated management systems, and more. No matter what the needs, the budget, or the lifestyle, anyone can benefit from having smart products and systems in their home. It’s a gold-winning formula for a greater convenience, efficiency, and fun, so we hope these award-winning project offer the inspiration you need to add some IQ to your own home.