2013 Product of the Year Entrant
Black Box MediaCento IPX Unicast Extender
The Black Box MediaCento IPX Unicast Extender (VX-HDMI-IP-UTX/VX-HDMI-IP-URX) is an attractively priced IP streaming solution that transmits HDMI video and audio to a distant screen on a home or corporate network. Use the MediaCento IPX Unicast system to distribute digital video content or other HD video and audio across an Ethernet network. It is innovative because it uses a standard IP networking protocol instead of proprietary protocols. Because the transmitter and receiver install directly into your existing network infrastructure, integration is easy. There’s no need to run expensive cabling between rooms. The extender transmits up to 328 feet (100 m) point to point, but goes even longer with network switches added to the mix. You can even use fiber with media converters to go several miles if needed. Its signal is completely digital from end to end, so your digital content is never compromised. The MediaCento IPX Unicast system packetizes signals so your HD source content can be delivered anywhere you want over Ethernet wiring. Featuring visually lossless compression, the MediaCento IPX Unicast units transmit broadcast-quality video and audio, and support Full 1080p resolution no matter what the distance, as well as all common PC resolutions (XGA, SXGA, UXGA, WSXGA) up to 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz. What’s more, it’s extremely easy to set up and use. There’s no need to configure any IP settings (although more experienced users can do that if needed). Simply use rotary switches to set the transmitter and receiver to the same channel and all IP settings are automatically configured; then just connect your source and your display, and it’s ready to go! The MediaCento IPX Unicast system also supports RS-232 for configuration and control, and for extending bidirectional control signals. Use this serial link to switch a screen on or off.
Learn more about MediaCento IPX Unicast Extender
.Download product spec sheet
- The extender is unique because it enables you to connect an HDMI extender to any existing Gigabit-speed network at home or at work without compromising the image quality or affecting the rest of the network.
- It uses standard IP networking protocol instead of proprietary protocols like HDBaseT or other non-standardized methods of transmission used by most other extenders in the market.
- It features an auto IP mode that automatically detects and sets an unused IP for the extender.
- Its simplicity. It's extremely easy to set up. You can install it without having to manually configure IP addresses.
- It transmits HDMI video and audio, so you can share multimedia content easily without any extra video or audio wiring, amplifiers, and boosters, and with no worry over the image quality at the remote end.
- It supports serial connections, so you can turn a distant screen on and off from a PC workstation connected at the transmitter end.
- It transmits with visually lossless compression, so your HD resolutions are the same at the remote screen as they are at the source end - important for home theater or graphics studio applications where you require the highest video quality.
- The MediaCento IPX family also includes multicast extender versions for point-to-multipoint applications, as well as versions for connecting to video walls consisting of up to 8 x 8 LCD monitors at the remote end - ideal for home video setups where you need to monitor separate video feeds in a HD screen matrix from different sources. You can even multicast the same signal to several displays around the home and show it on large video wall simultaneously.
- It uses existing standards-based Ethernet technology and IP protocols for networking transmission. No extra AV or CATx wiring connections are needed if you already have network cabling installed in a residence or office.
- It transmits farther than what's typically permitted under the HDMI standard - up to 328 feet (or farther with the addition of a network switch to your application) - without any loss of video quality.
- It provides full 1080p resolution no matter what the distance, as well as all common PC resolutions (XGA, SXGA, UXGA, WSXGA) up to 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz.
- It boasts HDCP compliance, so you can extend protected content from a Blu-ray player or similar HDCP source in one room to another room, such as a home theater.
- It features an EDID copy function for optimal PC-to-screen performance. The extender reads the screen data to ensure video communications work at the best quality from the source to the distant screen.
- It is completely digital from end to end, so your digital multimedia content is never compromised.
Black Box Network Services is a leading communications system integrator dedicated to designing, sourcing, implementing, and maintaining today’s complex communications solutions.
Our proven history since 1976, combined with our global footprint, diverse capabilities, solid financial standing, and deep commitment to provide the best technical solutions and support in the industry make us a superior resource for our customers. No other provider offers the solutions and support of Black Box Network Services, and we are commited to exceeding expectations—both in the way we provide service and in the way we operate our organization.
1000 Park Drive
United States of America
Black Box Products
MediaCento IPX Unicast Extender
MediaCento IPX Unicast Extender: An attractively priced IP streaming solution that transmits HDMI video and audio to a distant screen on a home or corporate network.