August 08, 2007 by Arlen Schweiger
Earlier this week we mentioned that the latest THX technology, THX Loudness Plus, will debut in the Yamaha RX-Z11 flagship A/V receiver. For a little more on this whale of an A/V component, here are some more highlights of the RX-Z11, which will ship in November.
First off, it’s an 11.2-channel receiver to take advantage of full HDMI 1.3a capabilities, with help from the company’s proprietary Cinema DSP HD3 processing for ultra-realistic 3-D surround sound.
Other audio features include support for Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, HD Radio, iPod, XM HD Surround and USB interface for playback of PC auido files such as MP3, WMA, WAV and AAC. The Ethernet-connected network capabilities also include remote access to Yamaha’s MusicCAST music distribution system. Yamaha’s Compressed Music Enhancer technology enriches the details of compressed music, so your iPod audio will be improved.
The RX-Z11 handles the latest high-def video content with five HDMI inputs, including one on the front panel, two HDMI outputs, analog to HDMI 1080p upscaling, 30/36bit Deep Color, 120 and 24Hz refresh rates and auto Lip-sync.
An on-screen GUI helps you navigate through the menus and content from each source.
Here are some custom installation setups:
- 11.2 channels in the main home theater/music room
- 11.2 channels in the main room with two additional fronts bi-wired
- 9.2 channels in the main room with the fronts bi-amped
- 7.2 channels in the main room, four channels in the second room and two channels in the third room using Intelligent Assign
- 7.2 channels in the main room, two channels in the second room, two channels in the third room and two channels in a fourth room using Intelligent Assign
- 5.2 channels in the main room, two channels in the second room, two channels in the third room and two channels in a fourth room
- 5.2 channels in the main room with the fronts bi-amped, two channels in the second room and two channels in the third room
MSRP on the RX-Z11 is $5,499. Go to www.yamaha.com for more.
Follow Electronic House
Arlen writes about home technology installations and product news and reviews for electronichouse.com
and Electronic House magazine.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.