November 22, 2006
| by Rachel Cericola
It’s nice that when Xbox has a birthday party, they are the ones bearing gifts (we did give cash last year though!). One year after its launch, Microsoft has made the Xbox 360 into a mighty movie machine.
Today they announced that TV and movies are available for download as of today on Xbox Live. Choose titles from CBS, MTV, Paramount, TBS, Warner Bros., and Ultimate Fighting (for all of your bone-crushing excitement needs), among others. As if I needed more places to air “Breaking Bonaduce!”
Each selection is available to rent or own. However, you’ll have to rack up points to purchase anything—and no, not through gaming… it’s a pay-in-advance plan.
CEPro.com has a slew of interface screenshots. Also expect 160 high-def games to be available in time to stuff your stocking.
- 1,600 Microsoft Points = $19.99
- 1,000 Microsoft Points = $12.50
- 240 points for HDTV, 150 for standard-def TV
- 320 to 480 points for new movies; 240 to 360 for older titles
- Standard and high-def content
- Titles available to rent or own
- New content expected each week
Over the past 15 years, Rachel Cericola has covered entertainment, web and technology trends. Check her out at www.rachelcericola.com.