June 06, 2011 by Grant Clauser
Wolf Cinema is introducing a three-chip 3D home theater projector called the Cub, or model SDC-15, but we prefer calling it Cubby.
Wolf is calling this an “affordable” 3D projector, which we take to mean that it’s less expensive than some, but not cheap. In fact, the Cub carries an SRP of $15,000.
The Wolf Cub uses a D-ILA light engine developed by JVC, but Wolf has built in many of its own enhancements to the product including custom video processing algorithms, 99 memory calibration settings and precision optics. Out of the box, the product is ready for 2D, but optional active shutter glasses and a 3D signal signal emitter make it ready for any 3D movie. A Wolf ProScaler and VariScope FX anamorphic lens can also be added.
Wolf says the projector was designed with an especially thermally efficient chassis for extended lamp life. For connections you get Ethernet, RS-232, 2 HDMI (1.4), component and PC inputs.
The SDC-15 will be available in July.
Wolf SDC-15 Features:
• Advanced three-chip, 1920x1080 D-ILA® engine
• Factory calibrated for both 2D and 3D operation
• 220W lamp, 1300 ANSI*. ~100,000:1 CR performance
• Ultra-high contrast chipset with next-gen home cinema iris
• Wolf Cinema’s multi-axis color management system (R,G,B,C,M,Y and Orange)
• 99 custom preset memories
• Extended range primary lens: 1.45:1 to 2.78:1 TD
• Optional Wolf Cinema ProScaler
• Inputs: HDMI 1.4a (2), Component, PC
• IR Remote Control included plus LAN, RS-232 system control capabilities
• Two optional VariScope FX™Fixed Anamorphic Lens Assemblies**
• Elegant gloss black cabinet with optimized thermal design for extended projector and lamp life
• Optional 3D starter pack includes 3D signal emitter and two pair of active glasses; additional glasses available
• Optional WC-PM-M ceiling mount kit
Follow Electronic House
Grant Clauser has been covering home electronics for more than 10 years with editorial roles in several consumer and trade magazines. He's done ISF-level damage to hundreds of reviewed products and has had training from THX, the Home Acoustics Alliance, Control4 and Sencore. His latest book is Necessary Myths
. Follow him on Twitter @geclauser.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.