March 28, 2012 by Rachel Cericola
Wisdom Audio is known for its smart sound solutions. Those solutions aren’t exactly cheap—and it shows.
The company just announced details for four in-wall loudspeakers, which are all under the new Insight Series. Wisdom says that they’ve carried over some of the key technologies and characteristics from the company’s Sage Series, making some of those goodies more affordable. That said, the Insight Series starts at $1,250 each.
All Insight models feature new planar magnetic thin-film drivers and moving coil woofers. The Insight Series stands out with traditional passive crossovers, which allow use with a single amplifier channel per speaker. The new Insight Series includes:
- P2i: 3 ohms nominal impedance, 87dB sensitivity rating, 80Hz-20kHz frequency response, 650 crossover frequency, and 100dB max SPL (2 meters). MSRP: $1,250 each
- P4i: 6 ohms nominal impedance, 87dB sensitivity rating, 80Hz-20kHz frequency response, 650 crossover frequency, and 103dB max SPL (2 meters). MSRP: $1,750 each
- P6i: 4 ohms nominal impedance, 90.5dB sensitivity rating, 80Hz-20kHz frequency response, 400 crossover frequency, and 104dB max SPL (2 meters). MSRP: $3,000 each
- P8i: 4 ohms nominal impedance, 93dB sensitivity rating, 80Hz-20kHz frequency response, 350 crossover frequency, and 106dB max SPL (2 meters). MSRP: $5,000 each
Wisdom says that all of the above Insight speakers will ship between May and June, with an additional in-ceiling model, two subwoofers, and various on-wall offerings coming later in the year.
Follow Electronic House
Over the past 15 years, Rachel Cericola has covered entertainment, web and technology trends. Check her out at www.rachelcericola.com.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.