March 21, 2007 by Arlen Schweiger
For consumers weighing the growing list of distributed entertainment options, Audioaccess is now shipping its innovative W.H.E.N. (Whole-House Entertainment Network) multiroom audio/video system.
W.H.E.N. is an integrated home theater, multiroom-audio/video, and in-home-communications system that is easy and fun to use, and provides exceptional performance and versatility, the company says.
The system incorporates advanced technologies to deliver exceptional sound and picture quality to both the home theater and remote room locations in the home. It also offers whole-house paging and intercom functions, with audio and video monitoring capabilities, says Audioaccess.
W.H.E.N. system components include an audio/video receiver/system controller, keypads that provide system control throughout the home, and a choice of high-performance speakers. The system offers extensive features such as HDTV and XM Satellite Radio compatibility, multiroom iPod connectivity (when used with the Audioaccess aDock iPod docking station), audio and video monitoring and two-way intercom capability for any room in the home, and more. W.H.E.N. is expandable to accommodate up to 20 rooms.
The centerpiece of the W.H.E.N. system is the Audioaccess AVR21EN, a high-performance surround receiver that incorporates new technologies from Audioaccess to enhance the whole-house and home theater experience, the company says. It features a cutting-edge digital amplifier design and every popular surround sound processing technology, including Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DTS Neo:6 and Logic 7.
Here are key features of the AVR21EN:
- On-screen programming for all AVR and whole-house functions
- Six dedicated IR outputs with built-in IR library and front-panel IR learning
- Three RS-232 source interface ports
- Six “Flag In” source status ports
- One 12-volt trigger output
- One RS-232 port for control of AVR functions and programming upgrades
- One external IR receiver input and loopthrough output
- Connect your iPod to the AVR21EN using the Audioacccess aDock
- Six composite multiroom video outputs from Source video inputs to AVH21
- Two multiroom digital audio bus outputs stream eight digital audio sources and two-way control signals
- Surround modes include: Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro LogicII, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Headphone, DTS, DTS Neo:6, Logic 7 and more
- EzSet/EQ; includes microphone
- DCDi by Faroudja upconverter scales all inputs to 1080i via HDMI output and 480P via component output
- Two AM/FM tuners
- System supports up to 20 remote zones with the KP21 ampified display keypad and AVH21 A/V Hub
For more on W.H.E.N. and its components, visit www.audioaccess.com.
Follow Electronic House
Arlen writes about home technology installations and product news and reviews for electronichouse.com
and Electronic House magazine.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.