May 01, 2006 by EH Staff
Outfitted with Krell amplifiers, Wilson Audio speakers in the front and Snell speakers in the back, this home theater easily blows listeners’ socks off. Add a drum set to the room, and the noise generated in the room could have rocked the entire house, especially the living room which sits directly below it. But by adding sound isolation materials to the walls and floors, this room can rock out without bothering anyone. Remarkably, the space that’s now the theater used to be part of the living room. Blessed with a ceiling 20-feet high, the upper portion of the living room was virtually unused, which inspired the homeowners to cut vertical scale of the room in half and construct a completely new room for their home entertainment needs.
In addition to awesome audio components, the room boasts a high-definition InFocus DLP video projector, a 100-inch screen from Stewart Filmscreen, a Lutron lighting control system, an Integra DVD/DVD-A/SACD/CD player, a JVC VCR a DirecTV satellite receiver with TiVo and an AMX touchscreen to control all the equipment.
Custom-made carpeting and five CinemaTech theater seats complete the effect.
Follow Electronic House
- Wilson Audio WATT/Puppy speakers
- Wilson Audio WATCH center-channel speaker
- Wilson Audio WATCH stand
- Velodyne DD15 subwoofer
- Snell AMC800 THX surround speakers
- Snell AMC 800 THX rear speakers
- InFocus 7205 high-def DLP video projector
- Stewart Filmscreen Grayhawk 100-inch screen
- Krell HTS7.1 processor
- Krell 5-channel amp
- Krell KAV2250 2-channel amp
- AMX MVP8400 8.4-inch touchscreen
- AMX NI-3000 system controllers
- AMX NXA-WAP200G wireless access point
- Integra DPS 8.3 DVD/DVD-A/SACD/CD player
- JVC HMDH4000U digital VCR
- DirecTV receiver with TiVo
- Panamax 5510 line conditioner/surge suppressor
- Lutron Grafik Eye 6-zone IR lighting control system
- Acoustic Room Systems acoustic treatments
- Owens Corning Quiet Zone Floormat
- CinemaTech ACTII theater chairs
Systems Design & Installation
Avalon Audio Video, Inc.
Blue Ribbon Design-Build
Karen Highberger Interior Design
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.