March 24, 2008 by Rachel Cericola
Sure in-wall speakers allow you to conserve floor space. However, it’s not exactly a free-for-all behind that Sheetrock.
With all of the spidey webs, studs and random candy wrappers stuffed inside there (it happens!), sometimes that hidden space can be just as precious. Now TruAudio has a line to accommodate those tight areas inside the wall.
Designed for in-ceiling installs, the latest in the Revolve line includes an assortment of 6.5-inch speakers, versus the line’s traditional 8-inchers.
Smaller space, however, doesn’t mean the sound suffers. Designed to perform as the front left, center, or right speaker, each one can be rotated to point toward the listening area.
The new additions include:
- The REV6-LCR.1: Has a 6.5-inch carbon fiber woofer, 2-inch dual carbon fiber midranges and a 3/4-inch titanium swivel tweeter. Specs include 150 watts of power handling, a sensitivity rating of 92dB, a 37-22kHz frequency response, and a magnetic EZ Frame. ($350 each)
- The REV6-LCR.2: Has a 6.5-inch carbon fiber woofer and a 3/4-inch titanium swivel tweeter. Specs include 125 watts of power handling, a sensitivity rating of 91dB, and a 39-20kHz frequency response. ($250 each)
- The REV6-LCR.3: Has a 6.5-inch polypropylene woofer and a 3/4-inch silk dome swivel tweeter. Specs include 100 watts of power handling, a sensitivity rating of 90dB, and a 40-20kHz frequency response. ($150 each)
- The REV6- SUR.1: This in-ceiling bi-pole surround speaker has a 6.5-inch woven carbon woofer and dual pivoting 3/4-inch titanium tweeters. The specs include a 150 watts of power handling, a sensitivity rating of 90dB, a 39-20kHz frequency response, and a magnetic EZ Frame. ($500 pair)
Follow Electronic House
Over the past 15 years, Rachel Cericola has covered entertainment, web and technology trends. Check her out at www.rachelcericola.com.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.