June 24, 2008 by Rachel Cericola
Michael Bay must be happy. The word is that “Transformers” will finally get its Blu-ray release this September.
According to High-Def Digest, the action flick, starring Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox and Josh Duhamel, was HD DVD’s all-time best seller.
There aren’t too many specs yet, but the new release will get a bump up to Dolby TrueHD 5.1 surround audio. As far as extras, the release was worth the wait—at least if you are an uber-fan that’s looking for any and every detail ever compiled on this movie. Paramount lists the following extras:
- Commentary by Director Michael Bay
- Featurette: OUR WORLD:
- Featurette: The Story Sparks HD
- Featurette: Human Allies HD
- Featurette: I Fight Giant Robots HD
- Featurette: Battleground HD
- Featurette: THEIR WAR:
- Featurette: Rise of the Robots HD
- Featurette: Autobots Roll Out HD
- Featurette: Decepticons Strike HD
- Featurette: Inside the AllSpark HD
- Featurette: Transformers Tech Inspector (TBD) HD
- Trailers: TRAILERS (will play after the feature via a menu):
- Trailers: Iron Man Trailer HD
- Featurette: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE:
- Trailers: Transformers Teaser Trailer HD
- Trailers: Rise of the Autobots HD
- Other: Transformers H.U.D. (Heads Up Display)
- Other: BD-Live Features (TBD)
- Featurette: From Script to Sand: The Skorponok Desert Attack HD
- Featurette: Concepts HD
- Trailers: Trailers HD:
- Trailers: Teaser Trailer 1 HD
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer 2 HD
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer 4 HD
- Easter Eggs: Michael Bay Cameo HD
- Easter Eggs: Girl in Dress HD
- Easter Eggs: Bay Bot HD
- Easter Eggs: Casting Mojo HD
Is that enough for you? If so, you can grab a Blu-ray copy of “Transformers” come September 2.
Follow Electronic House
Over the past 15 years, Rachel Cericola has covered entertainment, web and technology trends. Check her out at www.rachelcericola.com.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.