February 01, 2011 by EH Staff
We’ll bet our 40 year reputation that the RSL CG4 will amaze you. Although it has compact dimensions, don’t consider it as a small speaker alternative if you don’t have the room or budget for large speakers. Regardless of it’s size, it represents our latest thinking on how you can achieve an ultimate stereo or home theater system. It is designed to reproduce the entire audio range, except for the part that is handled by the subwoofer (such as our RSL Speedwoofer™ 10). This has numerous advantages to the large speaker approach. First is the sound image or soundstage. Believe it or not, the smaller drivers and cabinet of the RSL CG4 create a larger image than big box speakers. This is because of our exclusive technology allows our small speakers to image outside the box. Second, when you have a separate subwoofer, you can place it for best bass, while the CG4s can be placed for best soundstage. With large speakers, you usually wind up compromising either the bass or the soundstage. Third, with a separate subwoofer, you can achieve the exact amount of bass that matches your taste, your room, and your source material.
The RSL CG4 incorporates our patented Compression Guide™ Technology, the finest parts, and our 40 years of speaker experience. We guarantee that the RSL CG4 will change every idea of how much you need to spend for high-end audiophile speakers. It will deliver breathtaking performances with your favorite music or movies for many years to come. The RSL CG4 is housed in a beautiful black high gloss piano finish enclosure with removable metal grill.
- Woofer: 4” with Ferrite Magnet, Polypropylene Cone, and Cast aluminum frame
- Tweeter: 1” Silk Dome, Ferrite Magnet
Frequency Response: 100-25,000 Hz ± 3db
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 88 db SPL @ 1 watt, 1 meter distance
- Recommended Power: 25-125 watts (Please note the following: this rating is for use above 100 HZ. Amplifiers of higher power can be used if care is taken not to operate them at maximum volume)
- Crossover Frequency: 2,500 Hz
- Crossover Slope: 12 db/octave
- Crossover Parts: Air core coil, Polypropylene capacitors, Gold Plated binding posts
- Tuning Method: Compression Guide™
- System Resonance: 72 Hz
- Weight: 9 lbs.
- Dimensions: H: 10 1/2” W: 6” D: 6 3/8” (Without grill 6 1/8”)
- Giant sound – compact dimensions.
- The heart of an ultimate home theater system or a high end stereo system, when coupled with a subwoofer (such as our RSL Speedwoofer™ 10).
- RSL’s Compression Guide Technology results in incredible clarity, huge soundstage and precise imaging. Our most accurate sound ever.
Speakers are warranted for 5 years; electronics are warranted for 2 years. Please visit www.rslspeakers.com for more information.
Follow Electronic House
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.