October 13, 2008 by Steven Castle
Need a new phone? You can bring any brand of old phone to Staples for recycling between Oct. 12 and Nov. 15—and receive $30 back. And yes, there is a catch: You must purchase a selected GE or RCA telephone through Staples to get the free recycling and $30, which comes in the form of Staples Rewards and which means more shopping at Staples.
The GE and RCA telephones available through the program are:
- GE 28871FE3—DECT 6.0 interference-free system with a corded base and two cordless handsets ($100).
- GE 28821FE3—DECT 6.0 interference-free cordless system with three handsets, digital answering system, and free one-touch access to GOOG-411 directory assistance ($100).
- RCA 25205RE1—two-line corded telephone with full duplex speakerphone and digital answering machine with two-way conversation record ($100).
- RCA 25250RE1—two-line DECT 6.0 cordless expandable business system with digital answering machine. ($150).
- RCA 25423RE1—four-line corded expandable business system with speakerphone and intercom ($100).
- RCA 25424RE1—same features as above with call waiting and caller ID ($130).
- RCA 25425RE1—Same features as above with auto-attendant, digital answering machine and two-way conversation record ($180).
- RCA H5401RE1—DECT 6.0 four-line accessory handset compatible with the three models above ($80).
The RCA 25425RE1 and RCA H5401RE1 are exclusively available at Staples.com. Customers can bring their older phones to a Staples location and receive $30 back in Staples Rewards with the purchase of these models on Staples.com.
Follow Electronic House
Steven Castle is Electronic House's managing editor. he has been writing about consumer electronics, homes and energy efficiency topics for two decades. He is also the co-founder of GreenTech Advocates
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.