February 08, 2011 by EH Staff
The RSL CG24 Monitor is our latest studio monitor. It also happens to be our new center channel speaker for a home theater system. We feature it both ways as it is designed to be to ideal for either use. Over the years RSL Studio Monitors have achieved acclaim throughout the recording and broadcast industries. The RSL CG24 Monitor is the first RSL Studio Monitor to incorporate Compression Guide™ Technology. It allows us offer all of the benefits of an unfailingly accurate studio monitor speaker in a much smaller size. This makes it ideal for near-field monitoring. When matched with the RSL Speedwoofer 10, which can be placed conveniently out of the way, the result is a full-range studio system rivaling giant monitoring systems. We invite you to put this speaker to the ultimate comparison test in a studio, listening between the live music and music reproduced by the RSL CG 24 Monitor. Prepare to be astonished!
The RSL CG24 Monitor is designed for use with an external amplifier chosen by the user. This allows the user to select an amplifier with much higher resolution than those found in most studio monitors. The end result is a better level of clarity and accuracy, than studio monitors that have internal amplifiers.
You may be curious as to the differences between this speaker and the RSL CG4, which we feature as our “top-of-the-line” RSL speaker. The sound of the RSL CG24 Monitor is almost identical to that of the RSL CG4. In the RSL CG24 Monitor, the midrange is slightly more forward (some would describe this as increased presence). This is appropriate for studio monitor speakers and also fitting for a center channel speaker which is largely responsible for reproducing most dialog in movies. The larger cabinet and extra woofer along with dual Compression Guide™ tuning adds additional bass response, which could be useful in an installation that does not include a subwoofer. Even though the RSL CG4 can play very loud, the RSL CG24 Monitor can handle additional power and play even louder.
- Woofer: 4” with Ferrite Magnet, Polypropylene Cone, and Cast aluminum frame
- Tweeter: 1” Silk Dome, Ferrite Magnet
- Frequency Response: 100-25,000 Hz ± 3db
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 88 db SPL @ 1 watt, 1 meter distance
- Recommended Power: 25-125 watts (Please note the following: this rating is for use above 100 HZ. Amplifiers of higher power can be used if care is taken not to operate them at maximum volume)
- Crossover Frequency: 2,500 Hz
- Crossover Slope: 12 db/octave
- Crossover Parts: Air core coil, Polypropylene capacitors, Gold Plated binding posts
- Tuning Method: Compression Guide™
- System Resonance: 72 Hz
- Weight: 9 lbs.
- Dimensions: H: 10 1/2” W: 6” D: 6 3/8” (Without grill 6 1/8”)
- Over the years, the accurate sound of RSL Studio Monitors has attracted a large following among the music and broadcast industries.
- The first RSL Studio Monitor incorporating Compression Guide Technology for incredible clarity, huge soundstage and precise imaging.
- Designed to blend seamlessly with a subwoofer, such as our RSL Speedwoofer 10.
Speakers are warranted for 5 years; electronics are warranted for 2 years. Please visit www.rslspeakers.com for more information.
Follow Electronic House
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.