Toshiba Intros Connected TV/DVDs, New REGZA LCDs
Toshiba launches new line of Internet-enabled REGZA LCD TVs, LCD TV/DVD combos and standalone players.
Toshiba announced its full 2009 line-up of LCD TVs, TV/DVD combos and other A/V components at their CES 2009 press conference Wednesday morning.
The manufacturer is touting devices with network player capabilities use a combination of two core components, including the Widget Channel, developed by Intel and Yahoo! and Microsoft’s Extender for Windows Media Center. Look for these LCD TVs in the second half of 2009.
As for the new REGZAs, the ZV650 Series (April 2009) will be available in 42-inch, 47-inch and 55-inch screen sizes and adds ClearScan 240, which combines a 120Hz frame rate with new Backlight Scanning Technology to create a 240Hz effect. These models also include 4 HDMI inputs and USB port.
Here are the other REGZA models and features:
REGZA XV645 Series (May 2009)
- available in 40-inch, 46-inch and 52-inch screen sizes
- 3 HDMI digital inputs
REGZA SV670 Series (May 2009)
- Available in 46-inch and 55-inch screen sizes
- LED backlighting
- Infinity Flush Front - a solid sheet of anti-reflective glass across the entire front of the TV
For more information about the AV600, AV502 and RV525, click here to read entire press release.
LCD TV/DVD Combos
Toshiba’s LCD TV combos are available in 15, 19, 22 and 26-inch screen sizes. Each display features a thin profile and includes a built-in digital tuner. All models also meet ENERGY STAR 3.0 certifications.
15LV505 (MSRP $299.99, Currently Available)
- 15LV506 (MSRP $299.99, Currently Available)
- 19LV610U (MSRP $349.99, March 2009)
- 19LV611U (MSRP $349.99, April 2009)
- 22LV610U (MSRP $449.99, April 2009)
- 22LV611U (MSRP $449.99, April 2009)
- 26LV610U (MSRP $549.99, March 2009)
For those wondering, there was no talk of Blu-ray.
Return to full story: