Speaker/Lamp Combo: A Bright Idea
Limelight Audio wants to shine a light on sound -- and possibly a good book -- with the AL1500.
If you’ve been looking to shine a little light on your AC/DC addiction, now you can—literally. Limelight Audio has figured out a way to stuff speakers right into a lamp.
The AL1500 speaker/lamp combo boasts 360 degrees of sound, thanks to the two-way bass reflex enclosures. Each one packs a 6.5-inch woofer, a 1-inch tweeter, and of course—light.
Each one can handle 150 watts of power, or you can take out the bulb and make like Mr. Microphone. It’s hard not to with a cabinet frequency of 48.5Hz, a crossover frequency of 2.2kHz, and an impedance of 4 to 8 ohms.
The cabinets are available in six colors that look and feel like granite, with a choice of a standard white shade or two optional choices in Dupioni Silk.
- Boasts 360 degrees of sound
- One 6.5-inch woofer, one 1-inch tweeter
- 150 watts of power
- Cabinet frequency: 48.5Hz; crossover frequency: 2.2 kHz
- Nominal impedance: 4 ohms. (8 ohms available)
- Topped off with designer lampshades
- Cabinets available in six colors
Return to full story: