RadioShack Offers Movies On Demand
Remember MovieBeam? RadioShack is hoping you do -- and that you'll want it for cheap.
What the heck happened to MovieBeam? It’s down at your local RadioShack waiting for you to take it home. The retailer announced today that they are planning to carry the movies-on-demand box in 31 cities across the country—everywhere the service is offered.
For $100 and your phone number (does RadioShack still ask for that?), you can access up to 100 movies every month. The box automatically updates itself with 10 new movies per week. The catch is that you will still have to pay for those movies per viewing. There’s no monthly fees though and some of the movies are available in high-def.
As an added incentive, RadioShack is offering a $50 mail-in rebate when you bundle your MovieBeam purchase with a new LCD. Better hurry though; the offer expires on November 5.
- $3.99 for new releases; $1.99 for older titles (add $1 for HD movies)
- Available at 1,700 RadioShack stores
- 100 movies always in stock
- Updates 10 new movies each week
- Selection of high-def movies available (you must have an HDTV with an HDMI connection)
Return to full story: