Klipsch Adds HD Theater 600 5.1 for $599
Basic 5.1 system based around MicroTractrix horn speakers.
If you like the sound horn tweeters, but Klipsch reference speakers are out of your budget, the company has something new for you.
The HD Theater 600 system includes five satellite speakers (one configured as a center channel) and an active subwoofer. The main speakers employ .75 inch MicroTractric horn tweeters, which Klipsch says offer superior detail and more output than conventional dome tweeters. The main drivers are 2.5-inch long-throw IMG woofers. They come with wall brackets that can be adjusted 40 degrees.
The speakers are complemented by a 100 watt, 8-inch down-firing fiber composite subwoofer in an MDF cabinet that features volume, crossover and phase controls.
The system is available now for $599
Return to full story:
• AMPLIFIER: 100 W
• BANDWIDTH: SATS: 150Hz - 20kHz; SUB: 33Hz - 200Hz
• CROSSOVER CONTROL: Variable, 60Hz - 200Hz
• DIMENSIONS: Satellite: 6” x 3.6” x 3.85”; Center Channel: 3.6” x 9” x 3.85”; SUB: 14” x 13.5” x 13.5”
• ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: SATS: ABS plastic, SUB: Vinyl wrapped MDF
• ENCLOSURE TYPE: SATS: Closed; SUB: Bass-reflex via rear-firing port
• FINISH: SATS: High-gloss black; SUB: Black pica vinyl
• FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 33Hz - 20kHz
• LEVEL CONTROL: Rear panel mounted potentiometer
• MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 112 dB
• MIDRANGE: 2.5” IMG
• PHASE CONTROL: Switch, 0° or 180°
• RECOMMENDED AMP POWER: Up to100 watts/ch
• TWEETER: 0.75” aluminum dome
• WOOFER: 8” fiber-composite cone