Exceptional Innovation Bows Lifemedia Server with Up To 4.5-TB Storage
Exceptional Innovation’s Lifemedia server
Digital media and recorded TV storage, along with access to Exceptional Innovation's Lifeware home control, mark $4,500-and-up Lifemedia servers.
Exceptional Innovation, makers of Lifeware, has announced the launch its Lifemedia servers that will provide storage and have the look and feel of a high-end A/V receiver.
Lifemedia provides from 500 GB to 4.5 TB of storage for digital music, movies, pictures, and recorded TV as well as instant access to Lifeware’s home control via the user’s home network, says Exceptional Innovation. The servers will be available in configurations that include Digital CableCARD, NTSC or ATSC tuners, a DVD RW Drive (HD DVD and Blu-ray soon), and feature optical audio with Dolby Master Studio decoding.
The Lifemedia Server line includes five models, ranging from a set-top to a four-rack unit ultra high performance edition, the LMS-700. All models run Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Operating System, and offer a variety of Intel chipsets and processors, with upgrade capability from its patent-pending MediaPlate design.
Lifemedia Server specs and design include:
- Intel motherboard with 965 chipset and Intel 2.13GHz Core 2 Duo Processor
- 2GB DDRAM
- DVD-RW drive
- built-in 28-in-1 Flash Reader
- two front-mounted USB (2.0, 1.1)
- front-mounted firewire jack
- front composite A/V and S-video
- rear A/V Out for 7.1 Channel analog and optical S/PDIF audio
- rear HDMI, DVI-I, S-Video, Component and composite video
- two RS-232 Ports (9-pin)
- rear IR control input/output
- two unique ports for 12V trigger relays and contact closure devices (for screens, shades, contacts, relays, etc.)
Available this summer, Lifemedia Servers will start at $4,500. Go to www.life-ware.com for more details.
Return to full story: