Edifier Speakers Match New Designs with New Technology
Edifier offers them in every size, shape and color.
Bluetooth speakers were well represented at the Consumer Electronics Show this year. Of any exhibitor, though, Edifier took the prize for offering the widest variety of shapes, styles and colors. Most of the products displayed by Edifier were prototypes, but will be available at some point this year, according to a company spokesperson. If you like color and unusual design, these might be worth the wait.
The Extreme Connect is a portable Bluetooth speaker that also functions as a handsfree phone. Expect to see it available in many hues, and to be easily carried in one hand. It is expected to sell for $99.
Also boasting Bluetooth capability but to be used on a table or desktop, is a design that resembles a square, stained glass lamp in the middle and multicolored speakers on each side. The lamplike component is actually a 30-watt subwoofer, comprising a complete satellite speaker system.
Last but not least, and displayed prominently in its signature burgundy color, was the Spinnaker. Standing 16.5 inches tall and sold as a pair, it can function on its own or as part of a surround-sound system. Here are more details about it, important because it’s available now ($349.99/pair).
• Bluetooth pairing capability with Bluetooth enabled devices A2DP and AVRCA Bluetooth profile support within a 30’ radius
• Optical input for connectivity to multimedia systems, gaming consoles and media center
• Auxiliary input for versatile connectivity to external devices
• Uniquely designed dome-shaped, rechargeable and multifunctional wireless remote
• Incorporation of digital sound processing technology (DSP) with separate 6-channel digital crossover for effective sound amplification
• Separate subwoofer output
• Tri-amped speaker system for enhanced dynamics and power
Return to full story:
Follow Electronic House on Facebook and Twitter.