‘Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs’ on 3D Blu-ray in June
Sony has announced that a 3D version of the Blu-ray for the animated hit will arrive on June 22, and also be bundled with select products.
We were wondering when the next 3D Blu-ray would come out, and Sony has answered our question. The studio made an official announcement, saying that Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs would be Sony’s first stand-alone 3D Blu-ray.
The release date is June 22, 2010. The debut is timed with the launch of Sony’s 3D-capable BRAVIA HDTVs and Blu-ray players. The movie will also be bundled with select Sony 3D TVs.
The release will include a full HD 1080p 3D version of the movie, as well as a 2D version. Other extras include:
- 3D sneak previews of Open Season and Monster House Blu-ray 3D titles
- Early Development Scenes
- Extended Scenes
- Progression Reels with Introductions by Visual FX Supervisor Rob Bredow
- “Raining Sunshine” Music Video
- Behind the Scenes of Miranda Cosgrove’s “Raining Sunshine”
- A Recipe for Success: The Making of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
- Key Ingredients: The Voices of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
The 3D Blu-ray of Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs will retail for $39.95. So if you didn’t want to chance bringing your children to the theater for a 3D experience, now you can bring 3D to them in an easier home environment and pop in Cloudy or Monsters vs. Aliens, at least until more 3D Blu-rays surface.
Sony also says that they plan to release two other animated features, Open Season and Monster House, on 3D Blu-ray soon. No details or release dates have been announced on those.
Return to full story: