December 17, 2008 by Arlen Schweiger
It’s not quite a MySpace or Facebook page, but Panasonic is evangelizing the high-def lifestyle through social networking.
The electronics manufacturer has expanded its web portal, www.LivinginHD.com, to include social networking functions as an outgrowth of Panasonic’s Living in High Definition Family program.
The website will help educate and inspire the masses on how to incorporate technology into their daily lifestyles. The site features the usual social networking goodies—forums, user profiles, video posts, photo albums, community blogs and such.
It’s actually broken into eight areas:
- Come Together—your member profiles are highlighted
- Inspirational Ideas—showcases project ideas and entries from the Living in HD families
- How-To—ways to optimize your electronics products and setups
- Talk It Out—your forums, photo albums and other interaction
- FAQ—for quick answers and troubleshooting
- HD Gear—more info on Panasonic products and links to buy them
- Community Buzz—this is a blog area where you can take a virtual tour of the Living in HD Mobile Tour
- We Are—where you can create an account, apply to be a Living in HD household, and learn more about the community
The Living in HD program was launched in August 2007 and is up to 44 participating families, but Panasonic’s always looking for more. Hey, who doesn’t want to live in HD?
Follow Electronic House
Arlen writes about home technology installations and product news and reviews for electronichouse.com
and Electronic House magazine.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.