August 07, 2008 by Arlen Schweiger
NuVision has a new vision on its Lucidium Series Deep Black LCD televisions. The latest additions to the lineup will feature “FX5 120Hz” technology in HDTVs of 42, 47 and 52 inches.
The FX5 kinda sounds like a car model or some computer technology, but it actually stand for “Film Times Five,” for the five times the 24fps native film frame rate is repeated to deliver seamless motion at 120Hz.
The NVU42FX5, NVU47FX5 and NVU52FX5 will be added to the Lucidium lineup that ranges from 22- to 65-inch LCDs. FX5 versions, whose pricing is yet to be determined, will ship in the fourth quarter of this year.
Other new technology you’ll see in the FX5 models include:
- Frame Forward Motion, which delivers panel response times as quick as 5ms for smooth images in fast-action content like sports.
- Digital Switching Deep Black, which dynamically adjusts the backlight depending on what’s on screen, so you get greater depth and contrast.
- DCS (Deep Color Spectrum), a widened color array for more lifelike images.
- NuColor x.v., which gives an end-to-end 10-bit signal path that, along with the DCS, helps recreate more than 1.07 billion unique colors.
Look for the new NuVision TVs and their silky smooth pictures from authorized specialty retailers.
Follow Electronic House
Arlen writes about home technology installations and product news and reviews for electronichouse.com
and Electronic House magazine.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.