August 16, 2007 by Arlen Schweiger
With an eye on combining a hipper look and its traditional solid performance, Boston Acoustics is embarking on a new Horizon in its product lineup, literally. The company has incorporated a tagline of “Play Smart” to evoke its philosophy of fun and functionality, and has introduced its Horizon Series of loudspeakers as the first incarnation of the new attitude.
Aesthetically, the Horizons feature soft-touch finish in either ‘mist’ or ‘midnight’—not-quite white and not-quite black—colors, with silver grilles for mist and onyx grilles for midnight. As part of the company’s new design concept, though, customers can use Boston’s Personal Option Plan (P.O.P.) and select grilles in a variety of colors that includes glacier, rosebud, pearl gray, caramel, chocolat and chili pepper to go with onyx and silver.
Here’s the lineup of models included in the Horizon’s range of 10 speaker sizes and configurations:
- HS 40—4.5-inch 2-way bookshelf (SRP $99)
- HS 50—5.25-inch 2-way bookshelf ($129)
- HS 60—6.5-inch 2-way bookshelf ($149)
- HS 225—dual 5.25-inch 2-way LCR ($249)
- HS 450—dual 5.25-inch 2-way floorstanding ($299)
- HS 460—dual 6.5-inch 2-way floorstanding ($399)
- HPS 8Wi—8-inch wireless powered subwoofer ($399)
- HPS10 SE—10-inch powered sub with built-in 150-watt amp ($299)
- HPS 10HO—10-inch powered sub with built-in 250-watt amp ($399)
- HPS 12HO—12-inch powered sub with built-in 300-watt amp ($499)
Additionally, the Horizon Series features two 5.1-channel surround systems: the MCS 130 ($799) and MCS 100 ($499), scheduled for delivery in September.
The Horizon Series and optional P.O.P. cloth grilles are scheduled to ship in October.
Go to www.bostonacoustics.com for more.
Follow Electronic House
Arlen writes about home technology installations and product news and reviews for electronichouse.com
and Electronic House magazine.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.