January 14, 2008 by Rachel Cericola
NEC wants to throw a curve into the monitor market. The CRVD-LMD 42-inch display may produce a cool image, but it’s what on the outside that counts: a funky wrap-around design.
Now while this may be cool for close-up gaming action, what does it do for those couch-loving potatoes? Well, aside from boasting a 2,880 x 900 resolution, a speedy response time, and 10-30 percent productivity improvements, the unit also packs in a light engine that combines LED lighting and a DLP chip.
There’s no word on pricing, but the CRVD-LMD is expected to ship in Q2 this year. Check out the official specs below.
- NEC Model: CRVD-42DWX+
- Diagonal: 42.4 inches
- Native Resolution: 2880 x 900 – Double WXGA+
- Curved Seamless Image: Yes
- Response Time: <0.02milliseconds
- Dynamic Range: 12-bit - 4,096 levels
- NTSC Color Gamut (%): >170%
- Number of Colors: 68.7 billion
- Contrast (typical): >10,000:1
- Brightness (typical): 350 nits
- Field of View: H90°@ 24” x V30° @ 24”
- Screen Dimensions (flat) W: 40.4” x H: 12.6”
- Pixel Pitch: 0.36mm, 71 dpi
- Aspect Ratio: 3.2 : 1
- Monitor Weight (no stand): 25 lbs.
Follow Electronic House
Over the past 15 years, Rachel Cericola has covered entertainment, web and technology trends. Check her out at www.rachelcericola.com.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.