April 16, 2007 by Arlen Schweiger
Monitor Audio has showcased Bronze and Platinum editions of its loudspeakers over the last several months, and it recently went Gold. The company has introduced its Gold Signature flagship range that is a six-model lineup with prices from $999 to $3,999.
The Gold Signature series includes a GS10 stand-mounting speaker, GS20 and GS60 floorstanding speakers, GS-FX dual-mode surround, GS-LCR dedicated center channel and GSW-12 subwoofer.
- GS10—The two-way GS10 uses a low distortion 6.5-inch RST2 bass-mid driver and 1-inch gold C-CAM tweeter to help produce true 3-D imaging and tonal accuracy. Retail $1,499/pr
- GS20—Detailed sound all the way up to 45 kHz is smooth through the two-and-a-half way, three-driver configuration built around a dual-cavity cabinet design. The 6.5-inch RST2 bass and bass-mid drivers work into separate enclosures, tuned to different frequencies and impedances. $2,999/pr
- GS60—A three-way, four-driver configuration featuring the discrete cavity technology of the GS20, with two 6.5-inch RST2s, one 6.5-inch RST2 bass-mid and 1-inch gold C-CAM tweeter. $3,999/pr
- GS-FX—The company’s new design incorporates a dual mode configuration that can be switched automatically by a processor to accommodate a range of surround applications. Three driver pairs are incorporated into the slim-profiled angled baffle design. $1,499/pr
- GS-LCR—A wide listening area and balance comes from the dual 6.5-inch RST2 bass-mid drivers and 1-inch gold C-CAM tweeter, to integrate well with the other speakers in the GS series. $999 each
- GSW-12—A new Class D power amplifier coupled with ultra-long throw 12-inch C-CAM driver helps pack this compact, high-power enclosure of a sub. Inputs and outputs can be configured via the top-mounted control panel. TBD
Bespoke stands designed for the GS10 and GS-LCR provide a die-cast alloy base and cable management and retail for $499/pr.
Cabinet finish options include Santos rosewood, walnut, cherry and natural oak, and piano black and piano silver gloss finishes are also available.
Check out www.monitoraudio.com for further details.
Follow Electronic House
Arlen writes about home technology installations and product news and reviews for electronichouse.com
and Electronic House magazine.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.