March 10, 2010 by Lisa Montgomery
Subscribers of the Sony PlayStation Network video delivery service now have more options when it comes to entertainment.
Six major movie studios, including 20th Century Fox, Walt Disney Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Universal Pictures and Warner Bros. Digital Distribution will offer high-def movies for purchase and rental. Everything from comedies and kids films, to horror flicks and dramas will be offered.
“Securing high definition content from these studios is another significant milestone further validating PlayStation Network as a complete entertainment network in the home,” says Peter Dille, sensor vice president, marketing and PlayStation Network, SECA.
Some of the first movies available for download include:
- “Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian,” from 20th Century Fox
- “Up,” “G-Force,” and “Earth,” from Walt Disney Pictures
- “Star Trek,” “Paranormal Activity” and “Zoolander,” from Paramount Pictures
- “2012” and “District 9” and “Zombieland,” from Sony Pictures
- “Inglourious Basterds,” “Couples Retreat” and “Public Enemies,” from Universal
- “The Hangover,” “Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince” and “The Wizard of Oz,” from Warner Bros. Digital Distribution
Follow Electronic House
Lisa Montgomery has been writing about home technology for 15 years, with a focus on the impact of electronics on a modern lifestyle.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.