August 08, 2012 by Grant Clauser
If you like the sound horn tweeters, but Klipsch reference speakers are out of your budget, the company has something new for you.
The HD Theater 600 system includes five satellite speakers (one configured as a center channel) and an active subwoofer. The main speakers employ .75 inch MicroTractric horn tweeters, which Klipsch says offer superior detail and more output than conventional dome tweeters. The main drivers are 2.5-inch long-throw IMG woofers. They come with wall brackets that can be adjusted 40 degrees.
The speakers are complemented by a 100 watt, 8-inch down-firing fiber composite subwoofer in an MDF cabinet that features volume, crossover and phase controls.
The system is available now for $599
• AMPLIFIER: 100 W
• BANDWIDTH: SATS: 150Hz - 20kHz; SUB: 33Hz - 200Hz
• CROSSOVER CONTROL: Variable, 60Hz - 200Hz
• DIMENSIONS: Satellite: 6” x 3.6” x 3.85”; Center Channel: 3.6” x 9” x 3.85”; SUB: 14” x 13.5” x 13.5”
• ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: SATS: ABS plastic, SUB: Vinyl wrapped MDF
• ENCLOSURE TYPE: SATS: Closed; SUB: Bass-reflex via rear-firing port
• FINISH: SATS: High-gloss black; SUB: Black pica vinyl
• FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 33Hz - 20kHz
• LEVEL CONTROL: Rear panel mounted potentiometer
• MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 112 dB
• MIDRANGE: 2.5” IMG
• PHASE CONTROL: Switch, 0° or 180°
• RECOMMENDED AMP POWER: Up to100 watts/ch
• TWEETER: 0.75” aluminum dome
• WOOFER: 8” fiber-composite cone
Follow Electronic House
Grant Clauser has been covering home electronics for more than 10 years with editorial roles in several consumer and trade magazines. He's done ISF-level damage to hundreds of reviewed products and has had training from THX, the Home Acoustics Alliance, Control4 and Sencore. His latest book is Necessary Myths
. Follow him on Twitter @geclauser.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.