JVC revealed a new line of LCDs at CES 2009, consisting of four models that range from 32- to 52-inches.
All four sets offer resolutions of 1080/24/30p and JVC’s Smart Picture technology to analyze source brightness. Click here for the full press release.
- A timer to turn the TV on at a scheduled time
- Three HDMI inputs, two component inputs, two S-Video inputs, PC input (D-Sub), SPDIF and analog video input
- HDMI CEC compatibility with other CEC compatible components
The LCDs offer 10 watts per channel and have a thin bezel with a black glossy finish. Pricing wasn’t announced.
- LT-32J300 — March
- LT-42J300 — March
- LT-46J300 — March
- LT-52J300 — August
JVC LT-42B300 LCD TV/Blu-ray Player Combo
The LT-42B300 combines a 42-inch LCD with a built-in Blu-ray player for a full HD resolution. Click here to read the full press release.
Features of the LT-42B300 include:
- An ATSC-QAM tuner
- JVC’s new picture improvement technology
- Noise reduction
- Dynamic backlight control
- RMS 10W x2 audio power output
- 5 band Equalizer
Connectivity includes: three HDMI inputs with CEC, one component input, one SPDIF input and one analog video output. The LT-42B300 will be available in June.
MSRP: Not announced
Three New Home Theater Systems
JVC also announced three new HTiBs — the TH-G31, TH-G41 and TH-G51.
The 1000-Watt, 5.1-channel systems consists of a progressive scan DVD receiver, five speakers and a subwoofer. Each system also includes an HDMI output with 1080p up-conversion and Dolby Digital and DTS decoding. Click here for the full press release.
The TH-G41 also offers:
- iPod/iPhone music and video playback through a connected dock
- An on-screen display that shows the iPod or iPhone menu on the connected TV
The top-of-the-line TH-G51 adds wireless rear speakers to the feature set offered by the TH-G41.
Pricing and Availability
TH-G51 — June ($429.95)
TH-G41 — May ($329.95)
TH-G31 — April ($249.95)
Wall-Mountable NX-T10 Home Theater System
JVC’s NX-T10 is a 2.1-channel HTiB with a low-profile DVD receiver as the main unit, two compact omni-directional main speakers and one subwoofer.
The DVD receiver can be placed flat or stood vertically on a tabletop or hung on a wall. It has a pair of repeater HDMI inputs, an HDMI output with 1080p upconversion and is compatible with HDMI CEC.
- Dolby Digital and DTS decoding
- DivX playback
- An iPod dock and playback of iPod-stored video via a connected television
- USB Host for playback of music files stored on a USB mass storage device or for recording CDs onto a USB storage device
The two compact speakers, which can be wall-hung, feature an omni-directional design with one forward-firing driver and a second upward-firing driver with a diffuser. There are five separate amplifiers housed in the subwoofer cabinet — main left, main right, surround left, surround right and subwoofer. Click here to read the full press release.
The NX-T10 will ship in May for $599.95
Follow Electronic House