Admit One Home Cinema, which installed this theater, is among the entrants in the Home Technology Integrator Excellence category.
June 24, 2008 by Arlen Schweiger
These aren’t the greatest of times to be in the housing industry, but for the consumers the benefit comes from how homebuilders are trying to differentiate themselves. That means bundling cool A/V and automation technology into your new home, as well as working in ways to make today’s new homes energy efficient.
The Innovative Housing Technology Awards (IHTA) recognize the advances and practices by manufacturers, electronic systems installers and builders to bring such solutions to the home. Electronic House sister publication TecHome Builder presents these awards, which received a record 110 entries this year.
Winners will be chosen later this week, but you can check out the descriptions of the entries online and see for yourself what goodies are going into the housing market these days. Head over to www.techomebuilder.com and click on the different categories.
Announcement of the winners takes place during the annual Pacific Coast Builders Conference (PCBC) show in San Francisco.
Among the installer and builder categories are:
- Home Technology Integrator Excellence: Admit One Home Cinema (4 entries); Advanced Communication Technologies; ArchiTechKnowlogy Design Group; Audio Video Design; Cobalt Automation, Inc.; Comfort Radiant Heating, LLC; Enhanced Home Systems, Inc.; Hi-Tech Home; S&S Electric; STARDOT Automation; Video Audio Design, Inc.; Whitetail Electronics
- Coolest New Electronic House: Brilloso, A Premier Design Build Company; M/I Homes of Tampa, L.L.C.
- Effective Merchandising & Marketing: Fulton Homes; Schumacher Homes
- Excellent Connected Community: Dunham Marsh; The Plaza-Irvine
- Integrated Excellence: Royce Builders; Veridian Homes
Follow Electronic House
Arlen writes about home technology installations and product news and reviews for electronichouse.com
and Electronic House magazine.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.