I can’t tell you how many people tell me they are waiting to buy an HDTV—“waiting for the prices to drop,” they always say. Well, it looks like that wait could be worth it after all.
HD Guru says that prices are dropping soon. Despite recent price cuts, Mitsubishi, Sharp, LG, Panasonic and Samsung are all expected to lower prices again, as much as $400, in the upcoming weeks.
Apparently, with everyone scrounging for gas money, the manufacturers are finding themselves stuck with a surplus. Some of the drops include:
- Mitsubishi LT-52149, Old Price: $3,799, New Price: $3,399
- Mitsubishi LT-52246, Old Price: $4,099, New Price: $3,699
- Panasonic TH-46PZ850U, Old Price: $3,099, New Price: $2,799
- Samsung LC52###0, Old Price: $2,399.99, New Price: $1,979.99 (Circuit City)
- Samsung LN46A650, Old Price: $2,499.99, New Price: $2,059.99 (Best Buy)
- Sharp LC-52SE94U, Old Price: $3,799, New Price: $3,499
All of the prices listed are “minimum advertised prices.” HD Guru has a complete list of models to look out for. No other manufacturers were listed, but we’re guessing they will follow suit soon enough. Let the fire sale begin!
Follow Electronic House
Over the past 15 years, Rachel Cericola has covered entertainment, web and technology trends. Check her out at www.rachelcericola.com.