June 15, 2012
| by Rachel Cericola
Harman’s Revel just announced enough speakers for a music festival. The company’s Performa3 Series should have a little something you’d like, with a total of nine new models.
Here are details on each, along with pricing:
- F208 3-way floorstanding tower: 1-inch tweeter, 5.25-inch midrange, dual 8-inch woofers ($5,000/pair)
- F206 3-way floorstanding tower: 1-inch tweeter, 5.25-inch midrange, dual 6.5-inch woofers ($3,500/pair)
- M106 2-way bookshelf monitor: 1-inch tweeter, 6.5-inch woofer ($2,000/pair)
- M105 2-way bookshelf monitor: 1-inch tweeter, 5.25-inch woofer ($1,500/pair)
- C208 3-way center channel: 1-inch tweeter, 4-inch midrange, dual 8-inch woofers ($2,000/each)
- C205 2-way center channel: 1-inch tweeter, dual 5.25-inch woofers ($1,000/each)
- S206 2-way surround speaker: dual 1-inch tweeters, dual 6.5-inch woofers ($1,800/pair)
- B112 powered subwoofer: 12-inch woofer, built-in 1000-watt amplifier ($3,000/each)
- B110 powered subwoofer: 10-inch woofer, built-in 400-watt amplifier ($2,000/each)
According to Revel, each of those 1-inch tweeters boasts a frequency response to beyond 20 kHz, with the tweeters adding in patent-pending Acoustic Lens Waveguide technology. The midrange and low-frequency drivers have aluminum cones and a motor system designed for low distortion.
Both the F208 and C208 also have a tweeter level control, so users can tweak the high-frequency balance. A boundary control also allows the speakers to be tailored to placement and the room’s acoustics.
Model S206 is only available matte black, but the rest of the Performa3 Series will be available in a choice of high-gloss walnut or piano black finishes. The F206, M105 and C205 also come in high-gloss piano white.
“Our Revel Performa loudspeakers have earned rave reviews from audiophiles since their initial introduction,” said Jim Garrett, director of marketing and product management for Harman Luxury Audio and Loudspeakers. “We have made a number of advancements in loudspeaker materials and manufacturing technologies that we are now able to incorporate into the upgraded Performa3 models. We are confident that listeners will be thrilled with the improvements in sonic performance and musical accuracy.”
Revel expects the Performa3 passive loudspeakers to start selling in December 2012, with both of the subs coming in early 2013.
Over the past 15 years, Rachel Cericola has covered entertainment, web and technology trends. Check her out at www.rachelcericola.com.