February 16, 2011 by EH Staff
The brand new RSL C34 in-ceiling speaker is designed with quality parts to sound great and blend perfectly with the other RSL Speakers you see on this website. We think you’ll agree that it sounds better than higher priced in-ceiling speakers.
The reason for this is that other speakers mount the tweeter in front of the woofer. Some of the sound that emanates from the woofer strikes the tweeter and is reflected back to the woofer. This causes cancellation at certain frequencies. This is why the frequency response of most in-ceiling speakers is so erratic and why the sound suffers. We’ve eliminated this problem in the RSL C34.
Instead of a larger woofer with a tweeter in front of it, we’ve used dual 4” woofers mounted along side the tweeter. It all fits within the round frame. This results in a flatter frequency response and superior sound. Due to its 4 3/4” mounting depth, it may not be appropriate for wall mounting where there is less clearance.
- The sound of RSL Speakers that you’ve come to know and love in a flush mounted in-ceiling design.
- Ideal for side & rear speakers in home theater systems
- Low direct price.
- Unique lateral driver alignment solves the erratic frequency response problem of most ceiling speakers.
- Specially designed to match the acoustical characteristics of the RSL CG4 and RSL 24 Monitors.
- Front of speakers can be painted to match your wall.
There are several uses for the RSL W26:
- In a home theater as the surround and rear speakers.
- Can also be used for all channels in 5.1 or 7.1 systems.
- Remote zone speakers for other rooms.
- Dual 4” woofers with polypropylene cone and rubber sound.
- 7/8” silk dome tweeter that can be swiveled to point towards listener.
- Quality crossover parts: air-core inductors, polypropylene capacitors, and gold-plated push connectors.
- Removable grill can be painted along with front frame to match your wall.
- Overall Dimensions: Outer Diameter 11 5/8” Depth: 5 1/8”
- Mounting Hole: Diameter: 10 ” Depth: 4 3/4”
- Weight: 4 1/4 lbs.
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 2,500 Hz at 6 db/octave
Although installation is fairly straight forward, RSL recommends you use a qualified audio/video installer.
Price: $199.95 /pr
Please visit www.rslspeakers.com for more information.
Follow Electronic House
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.