November 03, 2006 by Rachel Cericola
After dropping $500 or more on electronics, the last thing you want to buy is add-ons. But a new DVD player isn’t much fun to look at—even if it is one of those fancy high-def models. You need some movies!
HD DVDs aren’t exactly cheap, especially if you’re looking to replace some of your existing collection. However, Ars Technica says that Toshiba is going to cushion some of the cost by offering three HD DVDs with the purchase of one of their HD DVD players.
Choose one movie from each studio:
- Universal: Apollo 13, The Chronicles of Riddick, The Rundown, Seabiscuit, U-571
- Warner: Blazing Saddles, Casablanca, Constantine, The Dukes of Hazzard, The Perfect Storm
- Paramount:Four Brothers, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, U2: Rattle and Hum, We Were Soldiers
I’m all for freebies, but expect those titles to take eight to 10 weeks to get to you. It’s not so bad; looking at an empty player has got to be more entertaining than “The Dukes of Hazzard”.
- Player must be purchased between November 1, 2006 and February 28, 2007
- Choose one title from each studio
- Allow 8 to 10 weeks for delivery
Follow Electronic House
Over the past 15 years, Rachel Cericola has covered entertainment, web and technology trends. Check her out at www.rachelcericola.com.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.