April 30, 2008
| by Arlen Schweiger
Anything new from audiophile loudspeaker manufacturer Dynaudio is reason enough to be excited. The Danish company really wants to “Excite” listeners with its latest speaker series—the appropriately named Excite.
The series was designed to take advantage of just about any amplifier or receiver’s power, not just the typical audiophile-grade amps, while converting every watt into pure music, the company says.
Longer linear excursions of the voice coil allow for great dynamic range—especially at high volumes, Dynaudio notes—and die-cast aluminum frame baskets and MSP (magnesium silicate polymer) membranes provide rigidity and inner damping so you won’t have unwanted resonance and vibrations.
The Excite has five models, each available in rosewood, cherry, black ash or maple real-wood finishes. Here’s the skinny:
- Excite X36: 3-way floor-standing, dual 18-cm woofers, 11-cm midrange; $3,600 per pair
- Excite X32: 2-way floor-standing, dual 14.5-cm mid/bass; $2,800 per pair
- Excite X22 Center: center speaker with dual 11-cm mid/bass; $850 each
- Excite X16: 2-way compact speaker, 18-cm mid/bass; $1,600 per pair
- Excite X12: 2-way compact speaker, 14.5-cm mid/bass; $1,200 per pair
Expect the Excite series available beginning in June.
Arlen writes about home technology installations and product news and reviews for electronichouse.com
and Electronic House magazine.