Comments

Staples to Stock “Self-Destruct” DVDs
Semi-Pro
May 30, 2008 | by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Flexplay is putting a time limit on your home entertainment.
Posted by Steve  on  05/30  at  12:14 PM

What a waste…packaging, etc… talk to Blockbuster rent one, and then return it.  I might have to start downloading my movies.

Posted by PN  on  05/31  at  05:32 PM

what a waste of money!!! why would someone go buy a selt destructing dvd when u can go rent one . now with their no late policy u could keep the rented DVD for even say 72 hours vs the 48 hour with the “self destructing” dvd

waste of time and money!!!

Posted by nj  on  06/03  at  11:53 AM

Hmm, I have a sealed glove box.  Put the player in it, fill with argon gas and play the disc forever?  It has an airlock so I could change disks.  Only a minor inconvenience ...

Posted by BOB  on  06/03  at  12:23 PM

THE WHOLE WORLD WANTS TO GO GREEN GREEN GREEN AND STAPLES WANT TO INVEST TIME AND MONEY IN THIS ??? I THINK WE SHOULD ALL BOYCOTT STAPLES UNTIL THEY BECOME WORLD FREINDLY

Posted by joemama127  on  06/03  at  12:59 PM

worst
idea
ever

Seriously Beullar? Are you kidding me? People have already mentioned the environmental concerns but, even if “green” wasn’t in fashion at the moment this idea would tank faster than you can say “mini-disc” or “DIVX’

Posted by Douglasr  on  06/03  at  01:08 PM

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to avoid Staples stupid technology and find those responsible for this.

Posted by Ryker  on  06/04  at  11:02 AM

Can you just imagine how many people will buy these having no comprehension that they self destruct and thus how many support calls, tirades etc Staples will have to deal with.

They will no doubt get what they deserve from this.

Posted by tom  on  06/14  at  02:47 AM

Well, if they charged 99 cents, it might not be such a bad idea.  I can buy DVD’s at Wal*Mart for $5 to $6 which is about all they are worth.

Posted by skolvikes  on  06/16  at  12:53 PM

This is a terrible idea, anyone remember Divix?  Why would I pay for a disposable disk when I can rent/buy or download?