Comments

Emotiva Offers Three New Audio Amplifiers
July 26, 2012 | by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Two new modestly-priced systems and one power monster for home audio.
Posted by mike  on  07/26  at  10:50 PM

Too bad Emotiva is HORRIBLE at customer service!! I purchased one of their processor (against the word of a buddy of mine in the industry) and it was junk! Got random auto calibration results every time (speaker distance, crossover settings, etc). I emailed their customer service on May 5th and I’m still waiting for the reply! Sold the processor on eBay (since they dont offer any type of returns on “clearance items”) and bought the Marantz processor. I couldn’t be happier with the Marantz! I will never purchase another Emotiva product again. I’ll give my money to companies that appreciate my business like Marantz, Panasonic, and Definitive Technology (best customer service in the business in my opinion!).

Posted by Todd  on  07/27  at  01:03 PM

I wonder why they couldn’t have come up with something in the middle. I mean a jump from 80wpc to 400wpc is drastic.

I need more than the lower and less than the higher. I am willing to spend more than $400 but less than $2000.

What gives Emotiva?

Posted by Grant Clauser  on  07/27  at  01:45 PM

Todd, there’s the XPA-5. it’s 5 channel 200 watt system for about $800

Posted by FredG  on  07/27  at  02:53 PM

The comments above doesn’t reflect Emotiva products or customer service in the least. They are an excellent company whose products far exceed their price point. As the proud owner of many of their products I can tell that they are topnotch in every facet.

Posted by FredG  on  07/27  at  02:55 PM

The comments below doesn’t reflect Emotiva products or customer service in the least. They are an excellent company whose products far exceed their price point. As the proud owner of many of their products I can tell that they are topnotch in every facet.

Posted by Richard  on  07/31  at  11:49 AM

I have owned an Emotiva UMC-1 for about 3 years.  Initially, they *did* have problems with the firmware.  However, Emo has been *very* good about updating the firmware over the past two years.  The latest firmware is quite stable and there was a noticeable improvement in operation and sound quality.  The UMC-1 is a very good-sounding pre-pro.  And it is, without a doubt, the best value in the market at only $499 delivered to your door.

You cannot buy a decent receiver for that much money.  And the UMC-1 mates very well with Emo’s range of multi-channel amps, especially the XPA-1.  For right around $1300, you can put together and exceptionally capable and good-sounding separates system.

For me, EMo support has been terrific.  They exchange a faulty UMC-1 without hesitation, and paid for shipping and pickup of the bad unit.  That is stellar customer service in my book.  Plus, their gear has a 5-year warranty, the best in the business.  Highly recommended…