Comments

Cool Homes
Control4 Put to Test in Huge N.C. Home
October 20, 2009 | by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
This large-scale Fayetteville, N.C., home features 16 zones of audio, 12 locations for high-def video and lots of automation seamlessly integrated.
Posted by Tom Redhead  on  10/21  at  03:49 PM

Very nice, but this is an everyday system… and barely “tests” Control4. this is a cakewalk….

:) good to see though isn’t it! Control4 is a great product.

Cheers,
T.

Posted by HBO All Systems  on  10/22  at  02:10 PM

You don’t know what you are talking about.

Posted by Paul Smutz  on  10/26  at  11:13 AM

Yes, I agree!!!  He likely doesn’t know anything.

I looked up Tom Redhead on Google.  And he is from Canada in some city named Saskatoon?????

I wonder if they have ever completed a job with more than one home controller or maybe I should say an igloo…......

Good Luck Tom, we all have dreams!

Posted by Tom Redhead  on  10/26  at  12:59 PM

Sorry, my post may have come off wrong. I was pumping the fact that Control4 can do this, do it well, and yes, it is quite easy. Think only a few years back, when you needed Crestron or AMX, and a mountain of expensive programming to do this! therefore, now, it is easy. One might say “everyday easy…” :)

I suppose a system of this size is not typical for many companies, but obviously the company that did this one is capable, and therefore would likely share my feelings on how easy it is to do it with Control4!

For the person who so kindly diagnosed my intelligence in a single line… that wasn’t very nice, nor correct.

For the Googler, Saskatoon is not far enough north for igloos.

Good day,
Tom.

Posted by Mark N. Lynch  on  10/26  at  04:08 PM

The essence of control technology is that the operational nature of the system be “easy” for the end user.  This system may barely “test” the capabilities of Control4 1.80 today but we were still on 1.23 when this project began.  Having first started programming Crestron in DOS there is no doubt that all of the platforms have come a long way. The integration of technology in homes in some parts of our great country may make this system seem “everyday” to Tom but in Fayetteville, NC this system represents a quantum leap in our approach to addressing the everyday problems of homeowners with solutions that don’t required them to study rocket science.
Mark

Posted by Paul Smutz  on  11/02  at  12:58 PM

Blah Blah Blah.  Everyone needs to type their feelings.  Blah Blah Blah

Posted by Tom Redhead  on  11/02  at  05:00 PM

Oh the irony of that statement Paul… you are 0 for 2 on posts that have any point whatsoever.

Where did HBO go? don’t you have some spare time to spend hacking on me again?

Posted by Paul Smutz  on  11/02  at  05:30 PM

The Great Canadian Speaks his mind again.  Blah Blah Blah

Tom, do you not have anything better to do with your time?

Can’t wait for more Blah Blah Blah.  This isn’t “your” Soapbox!

Posted by Tom Redhead  on  11/03  at  02:35 PM

Look Paul,

who are you? once again the irony of your childish behavior amuses me, and likely thousands of other people reading this thread.

If you want to have a who’s $*%& is bigger contest, bring out the resume.

T.

Posted by Paul Smutz  on  11/03  at  04:19 PM

Tom,

I would like to point out that these comments should be kept positive and maybe even constructive.  You should expect some ribbing as your first post showed how big your ego obviously is.  In reference to an “igloo” I should have known better as your head obviously wouldn’t have fit into one!  There isn’t enough ICE in Canada to build one large enough.

Who I am doesn’t matter, why the extra jab at HBO?  What are you trying to do here anyways.

My Resume stands for itself, search and you shall find.

I invite you to bring out your RESUME.

Mr. Smutz

P.S. Please refer to me as Mr. Smutz

Posted by Paul Smutz  on  11/05  at  05:18 PM

Tom,

Did you lose your resume?

Mr. Smutz

Posted by Tom Redhead  on  11/06  at  10:55 AM

Sorry Paul, I looked for you online everywhere that matters and found nothing. I am compelled to play the “I asked first” card. However, don’t dust off your typewriter just for me. I wasn’t serious. I am not actually interested…

I must say thanks though. You have provided my office with much humour this week.

Regards,
Tom.

Posted by Paul Smutz  on  11/06  at  01:18 PM

Wow, seems we have calmed the Big Ego!!

Maybe there is hope folks, Tom may have come back down to earth.  I guess he doesn’t have a resume to back his words.

Just another big Talker!

Hopefully he is off his soapbox and this thread can return to something positive!

Goodbye Tom

Mr. Smutz

Posted by Tom Redhead  on  11/09  at  02:18 PM

Paul, if I could actually find you on the net, I would have an address to send you a dictionary. Alas, here is the correct page:

hyp⋅o⋅crite
  /ˈhɪpəkrɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hip-uh-krit]

–noun
1.    a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2.    a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Origin:
1175–1225; ME ipocrite < OF < LL hypocrita < Gk hypokrits a stage actor, hence one who pretends to be what he is not, equiv. to hypokr(nesthai) (see hypocrisy ) + -tēs agent suffix

Posted by Paul Smutz  on  11/09  at  04:37 PM

Tom,

I can play the dictionary game all day.

Look up these words.

Simple…......Idiot…........Dumb

Mr.Smutz

Posted by Stan Kerning  on  11/09  at  09:50 PM

Pardon me for interupting.

Paul, in reading the entire thread, I can’t help but notice that YOU picked the fight here, so I suggest you ease up… in searching the web, I can find Tom Redhead, and evidence that he is clearly a prominent figure in the industry. I cannot find information on yourself.

Tom, “you win”. Now, please stop wasting server space.

Stan.

Posted by Paul Smutz  on  11/10  at  12:41 PM

Stan,

Welcome to this thread!

Thats funny that you would put such a strong statement out there.  Tom may be a prominent figure in his small town, but I don’t know.  I havent seen any concrete proof.  I just don’t think we need ego driven comments like his on a project like this that is great for our industry.

There was likely a good team of people who put their heart and soul into making this home better for their clients.  And Tom called it a cakewalk.

As far as who wins….....this is a thread where anyone is free to place there comments and feedback.  I see that you are just also sending your comments.

Stan I can tell your just another Blabber, with nothing useful to add.

Tom, I hope you looked up those last definitions I asked you to check out. One more that you can look at is “apology”

Tom I am sorry for letting my temper get the better of me.  I just feel for the team that put this project together.

Mr. Smutz

Posted by Tom Redhead  on  11/10  at  01:53 PM

Stan,
Welcome as well, and thank you for chiming in with your level point of view.

Paul,
In my second post, I cleared up the intent of my first post, yet you won’t let it go. However, your apology is welcome. I echo your sentiment for the team, and apologize to them for carrying on.

Let’s bring this thread back to its core topic. I would like to congratulate them on their achievement. I am sure the homeowner is loving it. Whether or not it was a “cakewalk” doesn’t matter. The right product was used, and it is an exciting result.

ps. Paul, for “concrete evidence” look into this years C4 awards and the 2006 CEDIA Design awards. :)

Cheers,
Tom.

Posted by David Sukomoff  on  04/27  at  04:30 PM

Tom u r a klutz.  I kan tell you a thing or too about home automoation.  I kan tale you dont even know a whole much about a wholey home automoation system.  I as the integrationer know a custumers needs and wants and you think the good lord drops gold coins from heavens.  Maybe you should be shakening your head as not every peronel kan efford systems of your likening.  You have smokening up your butt or you come from promising land.

I am not liklening your attitudes!!!!

Big D