Comments

Slideshows
9 Alternatives to Netflix
July 20, 2011 | by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
If you’re thinking about ditching Netflix, you may want to look at this list of other movie rental options.
Posted by Jeffrey Drinkert  on  07/20  at  10:34 AM

And those other nine options are…?

Posted by Jeffrey Drinkert  on  07/20  at  10:36 AM

Ahhh…The slide show.

Posted by Britinva  on  07/20  at  02:31 PM

I’m keeping the streaming but ditching the DVD/Bluray as never seem to be able to get new releases…..I’ll use the local Redbox (less than 5min walk) for hard copies

Posted by Rachel Cericola  on  07/20  at  04:19 PM

Sorry if that wasn’t more clear Jeffrey!

Also, Britinva: I think I am doing the same. I mainly use the actual discs for older titles. That said, I will just hit up the library or Redbox for the new stuff.

Posted by Scott  on  07/20  at  04:55 PM

Where is the rest of the article? Am I blind, stupid, or both? I can’t find the other 9 alternatives. Stock tip: SHORT NFLX. It’s was overpriced at $280 per share. It should be $80 per share.

Posted by Brad  on  07/20  at  09:30 PM

I still think this is my best option. I have never used the mail option. And I know blu ray discs has the superior video and audio quality. Though Local service providers are changing the way they charge for internet usage. This is also pushing people to use other movie rental options like Comcasts Xfinity. Giving you the option of early viewing titles before others .
  I feel Netflix will continue to be are large part of this nascent internet service.

Posted by Sean Scott  on  07/21  at  07:48 AM

Don’t forget that any of the prices listed above are for DVDs only.  If you wan’t to rent Blu-Ray discs, add another $2 on to all of the plans.

Posted by Rachel Cericola  on  07/21  at  09:59 AM

That is an EXCELLENT point, Sean. I was just going off the new pricing list, but yes… that extra $2 for Blu-ray! I am going to add that to the article above.

Posted by Dan  on  07/22  at  10:44 AM