June 11, 2010 by Rachel Cericola
We were wondering when the next 3D Blu-ray would come out, and Sony has answered our question. The studio made an official announcement, saying that Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs would be Sony’s first stand-alone 3D Blu-ray.
The release date is June 22, 2010. The debut is timed with the launch of Sony’s 3D-capable BRAVIA HDTVs and Blu-ray players. The movie will also be bundled with select Sony 3D TVs.
The release will include a full HD 1080p 3D version of the movie, as well as a 2D version. Other extras include:
- 3D sneak previews of Open Season and Monster House Blu-ray 3D titles
- Early Development Scenes
- Extended Scenes
- Progression Reels with Introductions by Visual FX Supervisor Rob Bredow
- “Raining Sunshine” Music Video
- Behind the Scenes of Miranda Cosgrove’s “Raining Sunshine”
- A Recipe for Success: The Making of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
- Key Ingredients: The Voices of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
The 3D Blu-ray of Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs will retail for $39.95. So if you didn’t want to chance bringing your children to the theater for a 3D experience, now you can bring 3D to them in an easier home environment and pop in Cloudy or Monsters vs. Aliens, at least until more 3D Blu-rays surface.
Sony also says that they plan to release two other animated features, Open Season and Monster House, on 3D Blu-ray soon. No details or release dates have been announced on those.
Follow Electronic House
Over the past 15 years, Rachel Cericola has covered entertainment, web and technology trends. Check her out at www.rachelcericola.com.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.