March 14, 2007 by Arlen Schweiger
So you’re tired of straining your eyes to watch “Batman Begins” on that iPod video screen and you don’t want to wait to see if Apple brings that beautiful iPhone screen over to a new iPod model? We might have a portable media player just for you.
Archos, Inc. last week introduced its latest in the company’s Generation 4 lineup of portable media players, the Archos 704-WiFi, the only PMP with a 7-inch touch-screen and full wireless capabilities, the company claims. The new 704-WiFi presents the highest quality screen with 800x480 resolution and 5x7 dimensions—making it similar in size to a standard photograph.
Priced at $549.99, the Archos 704-WiFi is available for pre-order at www.archos.com, and should be $200 extra bucks well spent if screen size and quality are priorities for you, especially with the wealth of downloadable movies and TV shows on the Internet these days.
Here’s a snapshot of other Archos specs:
- 80GB hard drive—capacity for 70 DVD-quality movies
- Internet access for Web surfing or email
- Ability to view entire PC-based digital media library on your TV
- Playback of video downloads from Amazon, AOL, CinemaNow and Wal-Mart
- Video editing on the device itself
- Photo storage and slideshows
- High-quality sound and music playback through its built-in dual speakers
- Seamless transfer of files and downloads via hard drive drag-and-drop or synchronization with Windows Media Player
Follow Electronic House
Arlen writes about home technology installations and product news and reviews for electronichouse.com
and Electronic House magazine.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.