August 05, 2009 by Steve Crowe
Panasonic is finally bringing Amazon Video On Demand (VOD) to its 2009 Viera Cast Blu-ray Players.
The service said to originally be coming out in May 2009 is now available via a free software update.
Amazon VOD will be available on the full line of 2009 Viera Cast Blu-ray players, including the DMP-BD60, DMP-BD70V, DMP-BD80 and DMP-B15, which is a portable Blu-ray player.
Amazon VOD on Viera Cast offers:
- A library of more than 45,000 titles
- More than 1,000 HD titles
- Instant playback
- Access of your virtual library on any Viera Cast Blu-ray player, PC, MAC or other compatible device
- Access to YouTube, Picasa Web Albums, Bloomberg News and weather info
Panasonic says the service will start immediately after registering your Viera Cast Blu-ray player. The Amazon VOD service, which just went HD in April of 2009, was also added to Viera Cast plasmas in April.
Follow Electronic House
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.