December 24, 2008 by Arlen Schweiger
Set-top boxes that take all of that massive video content out there on the web and transfer it so you can watch on your TV. The flood of products with this capability is only beginning.
The latest in the category is Verisimo’s VuNow PoD box that doesn’t seem quite as robust as, say, a ZeeVee box but does seem to offer quite a bit in delivering online goodies.
The VuNow PoD comes in two flavors—standard-def, for $99; and high-def, for $149—that will connect to your TV.
You can hook the small boxes up hard-wired or wirelessly, and then navigate with the nifty little controller and on-screen user interface.
Other features include:
- Easy YouTube navigation by category
- Video search engine functionality
- BitTorrent download capability
- Popular website video selection by category
- Live TV global channels
- Access to your PC-stored, NAS-stored or USB-stored media
- Movie downloads from CinemaNow (not quite yet, but coming soon)
There aren’t any subscription fees involved, so click away on as many videos as you can find and access.
Follow Electronic House
Arlen writes about home technology installations and product news and reviews for electronichouse.com
and Electronic House magazine.
FREE Charter Platinum Membership
Claim your FREE Charter Platinum Membership to EH Network and receive 6 FREE issues of EH Magazine.*
We understand your email address is private. By granting you access to the EH Network, you agree to receive email communications from us, including our newsletters. You can manage your subscription at any time in the future.
* The new EH Network launches and your free subscription begins December 2014.
Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.